Oy dear Readers The Retirement Yenta is vlogging! And she is practicing what she preaches, as she has found a great project to wean herself off business – planning her 45th high school reunion. Time to hoot and holler, shake and shimmy and party til the cows come home.
Retirement Yenta is changing it up. Today’s post is something for you to consider as you approach your impending retirement. Your dear Yenta suggests you start your own top ten list and when make it makes you smile, it’s time to kick back and retire.
This is your dear Yenta’s list:
10. No more bosses.
9. No more commuting to the office. (Taxis can get very expensive, and this Yenta is NOT about to put her bare hands on a rail in the subway station or car…Gross. Me. Out!)
8. No more panty hose. ‘Nuff said?
7. One Life to Live…every day, no tivo needed. AND, you only have one of your own…why not live it?
6. Dress code, schmesh code. You don’t have to brush your hair for a week, unless you want to, and who cares if you wear the same white shirt 5 days in a row?
5. Bedroom slippers…in the bedroom and on the street. Wear ’em to a show, your friends will get a good laugh and your tootsies will stay warm.
4. Museum Mondays. Or Tuesdays, Or Wednes…Ah, shoot…just start making your own art. If Jackson Pollock can get famous by dribbling paint on a canvas, why can’t you? And besides, if you get paint on your pants, you can just walk around in those pants for a week, and no will notice.
3. Matinee prices at the movies.
2. Every day you live, you are one day closer to your Retirement in the Sky…why would anyone want to retire that way without a little leisure time to enjoy themselves, before that ultimate retirement.
1. Duck Hunting (or Tennis, Golf, Shuffle Board, etc)